Usability & User Experience: Hands-on Workshop
- 2 Days
Good usability and a positive user experience (UX) determine the success of your products. If the product development does not meet the needs of your users, sooner or later they will be dissatisfied. This dissatisfaction results in competitive disadvantages for your company. Outstanding software products can only be developed in dialogue with future users and under consideration of their use cases. In this hands-on workshop, experienced trainers will teach you the theoretical basics of UX. You will test the acquired methods in practical exercises and learn to apply them in your own projects.
Tailor the workshop contents to your needs by choosing from the following topics:
User Experience 101
- User Centered Design (UCD)
- Definition of usability & user experience (UX)
- Discussion of basic usability Do´s and Don´ts
- Overview of different heuristics and usability criteria
- Overview of possible methods for requirements analyses (e.g. interview, process or workflow analysis)
- Overview of different development methods
- Ideation (concept & design)
- Design criteria
- Design laws
- Methodical generation of design ideas
Learn about the Needs of your Users
- Context and requirements analysis (goals and methods)
- User needs and requirements
Potential user groups (personas)
- UX Research
- Research & interpretation (understand, record, and prioritize requirements)
- Heuristic evaluation (expert review)
- Evaluation and classification of usability problems
- Analysis of previously defined action processes/use case scenarios (cognitive walkthrough)
- Overview of prototypes
- Prototyping tools
- Evaluation (prototyping & testing)
- Software- and hardware-relevant ISO standards in the context of usability/UX
- Development support
Work with your Content
- “Usability Talk”: joint ad-hoc reviews based on examples
- Designer, Developer, Conceptual Designer, Project Manager, Product Owner
- This hands-on workshop is tailored to your needs. You can choose the topic from any phase of user-centric product development: analysis, conception, implementation, or testing.
- Select the required training contents from the list of offered topics.
- Based on your specific expectations and needs, we then define the agenda for your individual UX training together with you.
- With and without previous knowledge in usability / user experience
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the workshop, we will be happy to provide you with further information.