Clean Code Hands-on Workshop
- 2 Days
Software gradually loses quality over time. This makes implementations and changes more difficult, and the code becomes more incomprehensible. Clean code helps you to prevent this and prepares your software for future challenges. This hands-on workshop imparts the techniques and practices necessary to write coherent, extensible, and resilient code.
The workshop places great emphasis on hands-on knowledge transfer: You will develop the aspects of clean code based on specific exercises. After the workshop, you will be able to apply the techniques learned directly in your daily practice.
Clean Code vs. Bad Code
- What is bad code?
- What is clean code?
- The Boy Scout Rule
- Why is naming so important?
- What do clean methods look like?
- What are the characteristics of a good class?
- How to write comments correctly?
Formats and Structures
- How to format cleanly?
- How are objects and data structured?
- How to use refactoring?
- How to deal with limits of other systems?
- A mistake - what to do?
- How to proceed with Unit Tests?
- You basically did everything right?
Clean Code as a Mentality
- Clean Code Developer Grade: How to internalize CCD principles and practices?
- After the workshop, you can optionally book one or more subsequent coaching days. The trainer is then dedicated to the specific challenges you may face when implementing the workshop contents in everyday life. In addition, you can deepen individual contents in a targeted manner.
- Experience in software development
- You will need a laptop for the exercises. Together with you and the other participants, we define the required development environment for this workshop.