SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management with Certification (LPM) as SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager
- 3 Days
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
The course consists of lectures, exercises and discussion and offers ample opportunity for asking questions and exchanging experiences.
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
- Mandatory: None.
- Strongly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe® environment
- Name of the examination: SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
- Format and language: Multiple Choice, web-based, in English
- Entry: Participants will be registered at Scaled Agile Inc. end receive the entry link to the online examination and SAFe® community platform.
- Period of examination: 30 days after training
- Amount of questions: 60 questions in 120 minutes
- Threshold for passing: 70% correct answers
- Retake fee: 50 USD per retake. The first retake may be done immediately. The second retake has a waiting time of 10 days. The third retake has a waiting time of 30 days. For questions you may directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Renewal of certification: The certification is valid for one year. The fee for renewal is 295 USD.
- One-year membership to the Scaled Agile Community Platform
- Course material: printed workbook
- Authorization to request 24 PDUs at the PMI for PMP-, PgMP- and PMI-ACP certifications
- Registration for the SAFe® LPM examination
- Final exam online (English)
- After passing the final exam you receive
- SAFe® LPM certificate
- A SAFe® 5 LPM digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe® 5 LPM certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey