SAFe® DevOps 5.0 with SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) Certification
- 2 Days
To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems — not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
The interactive SAFe® DevOps course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
Attendees will leave with the knowledge they need to support and enable a successful DevOps initiative at scale. The course also prepares attendees for the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
- All members of an Agile Release Train and/or value stream
- Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and other Agile Team members
- Infrastructure and Operations engineers and practitioners
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers, and Change Management professionals
- Architects, Database Administrators, and Information Security professionals
- Product Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Owners, Release Train Engineers, and UI/UX Developers
- Development, Engineering, QA, Infrastructure, and Operations Managers
- IT and Business change agents, leaders, and executives
- Name of the Examination: SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner Exam
- Format and language: Multiple choice, web-based, in English
- Entry: Participations will be registered at Scaled Agile Inc. and receive the entry link to the online examination and SAFe® community platform.
- Period of examination: 30 days after training
- Amount of questions: 45 questions in 90 minutes
- Threshold for passing: 73% correct answers
- Retake fee: 50 USD per retake. The first retake may be done immediately. Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. The third retake has a waiting time of 10 days. The fourth retake has a waiting time of 30 days. For questions you may directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Renewal of certification: The certification is valid for one year. The fee for renewal is 100 USD.
- One-year membership to the Scaled Agile Community
- Course material: printed workbook
- Authorization to request 15 PDUs at the PMI for PMP, PgMP- and PMI-ACP certifications
- Authorization to request SEUs (category C) for the Scrum Alliance CSP-certification or renewals
- Registration to the SAFe® 5 DevOps (SDP) examination (both course days must be attended)
- Final exam online (English)
- After passing the final exam you receive
- SAFe® 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner certificate
- SAFe® 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform, which includes access to the SDP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe® Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
- 2 Days