ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level (Compact)
- 3 Days
This course provides the basis for taking the exam to qualify as an "ISTQB® Certified Tester, Foundation Level". You will acquire the basic skills and techniques associated with software testing, which will enable you to test the software of your products effectively and efficiently in testing that accompanies development. You will learn how to improve software and system testing in your company and, as a result, increase the software quality of your products.
Upon completion of this seminar you will be able to establish the testing techniques learned in your own projects and perform tests successfully in a targeted manner.
Please note that further preparation at the end of each seminar day is recommended to succeed in passing the exam.
The seminar content is equivalent to that in the curriculum published by ATB, GTB and STB:
- Foundation of software testing
- Testing terminology
- Fundamental testing process
- Testing in the software lifecycle
- Life cycle models
- Test levels (component, integration, system and acceptance testing)
- Maintenance testing
- Test types (functional/non-functional/structural/regression testing)
- Static testing method
- Reviews and the review process
- Static analysis
- Test design techniques
- Black box techniques
- White box techniques
- Experience-based techniques
- Selecting the proper technique
- Test management
- Test organization
- Test planning
- Costs and cost-effectiveness
- Defect/Configuration management
- Testing tools
- Types of tools
- Effectively applying testing tools
- Selecting and introducing tools
- System and software testers, system and software developers, project managers, quality managers
- Experience with software-based systems
- Knowledge in software and/or system testing or software/system development is helpful, but not required.
- Additional exam fees charged when applicable.
- If the exam is passed, the certificate will be issued by the independent certifier International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
- The compact course starts on the day of arrival at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 6:30 p.m.; on the following days instruction starts at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 6:30 p.m.
- On the final day, instruction ends at 4.00 p.m. due to the subsequent test.
- The price of the seminar includes the book "Software Testing Foundations”