ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level (Test Manager)
- 5 Days
This seminar provides the basis for taking the exam to qualify as an "ISTQB® Certified Tester, Advanced Level, Test Manager". Here you will learn how to manage testing teams, to plan and document tests correctly and monitor their progress. Various testing process improvement models will be introduced and you will learn how to improve your testing processes based on these models. Upon completion of this course you will be able to estimate the time and costs required for your testing projects as well as track and manage the projects successfully.
Please note that further preparation at the end of each seminar day is recommended to succeed in passing the exam.
The seminar content is equivalent to that in the curriculum published by ATB, GTB and STB:
- Testing process
- Test management
- Test management in context
- Risk-based test and other approaches for test prioritization
- Test documentation
- Test estimation
- Defining and using test metrics
- Distributed, outsourced and insourced testing
- Management reviews and audits
- Managing reviews, metrics for reviews
- Defect management
- Defect and software development lifecycle
- Defect report information
- Assessing process capability with defect report information
- Testing process improvement
- Test improvement process
- Test-specific maturity models (TMMI, TPI NEXT, CTP, STEP)
- Test tools and automation
- Tool selection
- Open source and custom tools
- Return on investment (ROI)
- People skills and team development
- Testing organization
- Individual skills and test team dynamics
- Motivation and communication
- Exercises for all of the significant topics
- Software testers, testing managers, project managers, quality managers
- Experience with software-based systems and software testing
- Prerequisites for taking the exam are the successful completion of the exam to qualify as an "ISTBQ® Certified Tester, Foundation Level" and at least 18 months of testing experience.
- Additional exam fees charged when applicable.
- If the exam is passed, the certificate will be issued by the independent certifier International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).