ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level (Test Analyst) - Compact
- 4 Days
This seminar provides the basis for taking the exam to qualify as an "ISTQB® Certified Tester, Advanced Level, Test Analyst". You will become familiar with systematic, specification based test design techniques as well as additional test design techniques which will help you test your software adequately. The functional test is the emphasis here. In addition to test design techniques for functional tests, you will learn how to improve your tests with the targeted use of reviews. Upon completion of this seminar you will be able to ensure compliance with your quality standards and adequate testing of your development and testing documentation.
Please note that further preparation at the end of each seminar day is recommended to succeed in passing the exam.
The seminar content is equivalent to that in the curriculum published by ATB, GTB and STB:
- Test process from the viewpoint of a test analyst
- Test management from the viewpoint of a test analyst
- Specification-based test design techniques
- Equivalence partitioning
- Boundary value analysis
- Decision tables
- Cause-effect graphing
- Stats transition testing
- Combinatorial testing techniques
- User case testing
- Domain analysis
- Selection and application of appropriate combinations of test design techniques
- Additional test design techniques
- Defect-based techniques, Defect taxonomies
- Experience-based techniques
- Error guessing
- Checklist-based testing
- Exploratory testing
- Defect management
- Test tools and automation
- Exercises for all significant topics
- Software testers, system testers, project managers, quality managers
- Experience with software-based systems and software testing
- Prerequisites for taking the exam are the successful completion of the exam to qualify as an "ISTQB® Certified Tester, Foundation Level" and at least 18 months of testing experience.
- Additional exam fees charged when applicable.
- If the exam is passed, the certificate will be issued by the independent certifier International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
- The compact course starts on the day of arrival at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 6:30 p.m.; on the following days instruction starts at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 6:30 p.m.
- On the final day, the course ends at 4:00 p.m. due to the subsequent test (3 hours).