Hands-on Workshop on Git
- 2 Days
Configuration Management and Code Review are an essential basis for quality in large software projects, in a regulated environment. Tailored to your needs, we support you on introducing Git, train your employees and support you on the introduction of Code Review solutions such as Gerrit or GitHub Enterprise. Together with you, we develop a workflow which is tailored to your project and covers all development phases, from check-in over Code Review linked to a Continuous Integration System, to release and Life Cycle Management.
This workshop will focus on communication of knowledge with practical exercises so you can directly exercise and apply contents on relevant examples, from your daily work life.
We support you on selecting the right tool and implementation of established tools such as Gerrit or GitHub Enterprise in your company.
After this workshop, we recommend you to book several follow-up coaching days, in which the trainer will focus on specific challenges you face when applying the methods acquired in our course. You will have the chance to deepen your understanding of specific contents.
- Basic version management
- Understanding of software history
- Creation of development lines (branch) and versions (tags)
- Integration strategies (Merge vs. Rebase) for merging divergent development lines
- Synchronization with other repositories (push, pull)
- Best Practices for more efficient development processes with Git
Code Review with Gerrit
- Goals and Basics on Code Review
- Deliver code for review
- Incorporation of code review comments
Dissolution of conflicts
Code Review with GitHub Enterprise or Microsoft TFS
- Structuring teams and organizations
- Collaboration workflows (fork & branch, pull requests)
- Resynchronization with progressive development
- Code Review with tool support
- Software developers and integrators
- Experience in software development