Continuous Integration & Delivery – Hands-on Workshop
- 2 Days
Continuous integration, test automation and continuous deployment support the development of high-quality software. However, a "nightly build" is not always sufficient. Build or delivery pipelines quickly become very extensive and it can be quite difficult to define the correct size of a build.This hands-on workshop imparts the techniques and practices you need to successfully deploy Continuous Integration and Delivery in your project.It places great emphasis on practice-oriented knowledge transfer: Based on specific exercises, you will work independently on all aspects of Continuous Integration and Delivery. After the workshop, your team will be able to implement the learned techniques directly into their daily work.
CI and CD
- What is Continuous Integration?
- What is Continuous Delivery / Deployment?
- How do both interact?
- How to implement a build pipeline step by step?
- How to deal with failed builds?
- Which tools support your work?
- According to which criteria to select your tools?
Test, Analysis & Review
- How to integrate automatic tests?
- How to include code analysis?
- How to integrate code reviews?
- Software developers, build managers, and integrators
- To make the deployment in your company as smooth as possible, we carry out the exercises with Jenkins or the CI system of your choice. In addition, you can discuss further tools used in your organization in detail.
- After the workshop, you can optionally book one or more subsequent coaching days. The trainer is dedicated to the specific challenges you may face when implementing the workshop contents into everyday life. You also have the possibility to deepen individual contents in a targeted manner.
- Experience in software development