Dates & locations
IREB® Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering - Foundation Level
Categories: Systems Engineering, Requirements & Architecture
You develop systems with the most advanced technologies, but you are not sure if you are developing the systems that your customer really wants? In this seminar you will learn how to lay the foundation for a successful project by dealing with requirements systematically. You will acquire techniques, methods and tools to elicit, document, validate and manage requirements efficiently.
Upon completion of the seminar, you will be able to apply requirements engineering successfully in your own projects. You can take the exam to qualify as an "IREB® Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering – Foundation Level".
Please note that further preparation at the conclusion of each seminar day is recommended to succeed in passing the exam.
The content corresponds to the curriculum published by the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB®):
Requirements engineering fundamentals and terms
- Factors influencing requirements engineering
- Profile of a requirements engineer
- Basic foundations of communications theory
Incorporation into development processes
- Agile models
- V Model
Types of requirements
- Functional, behavioral and structural requirements
- Non-functional requirements
- Interface requirements
Elicitation, analysis and documentation of requirements
- Defining goals
- System context and system boundary
- Elicitation techniques, e.g. interviews, workshops and use cases
- Structure and content of requirements specifications
- Documentation using natural language as well as graphical and formal methods
- Object-oriented domain models
- Acceptance criteria
- Quality criteria
- Reviews and inspections
- Traceability of requirements
- Measurements and status tracking
- Prioritization of requirements
- Change management
Best practices and tools
- Requirements managers, system and software analysts (systems engineers), software architects, project managers, clients
- Analytical thinking
- Experience with requirements problems
- Overview of development processes
- Additional exam fees charged when applicable.
- If the exam is passed, the certificate will be issued by the independent certifier International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
- The price of the seminar includes the book "Requirements Engineering Fundamentals".